AYFKM?

Current Subscribers

Current Subscribers

Translator

Kindle Version

Read my blog on your Amazon Kindle

Subscribe via Email

Enter your email address:

Blog Archive

Nice, Not Naughty...

John Toomey, 68, has played Santa at the Union Square Macy's store in San Francisco, Calif., for 20 years.

"People make a pilgrimage to see him every year, some for as long as 15 years," said one store employee, "Everyone loves him."

Not quite everyone: Toomey says when adults visit him while in character, he cracks jokes, but an adult couple complained to store management that his jokes were "inappropriate". Like what? "When I ask the older people who sit on my lap if they've been good and they say, 'Yes,' I say, 'Gee, that's too bad'," Toomey said. "Then, if they ask why Santa is so jolly, I joke that it's because I know where all the naughty boys and girls live."

Toomey was fired. (RC/San Francisco Chronicle) ...

THE VERDICT: And these are grown-ups who sit in men's laps, in public, in front of kids. Go Figure!?


0 comments:

Post a Comment